Had a lot of fun making this guy. This is the first time I’ve taken a sculpture to finished stage, the end result is not as detailed as I hoped, mostly because I suck at UV Unwrapping (and I didn’t re-sculpt with multires). Hope you guys like it!
It’s been a while (again) since my last post, I’ve been working on my sculpting in Blender. Hard surfaces still look wonky, but it’s slowly improving! Here’s some of my recent sculpts
Here’s a type animation following topography lines. Just experimenting with curves and camera moves in Blender.
Back to blending! I’ve just had time to get back to blender after a long project. Here’s a intro-ish animation I did while playing with dupliverts.
Here’s my latest Blender project. Inpsired by the Cyberpunk scene, mostly the Blame! manga series.
A new scene made in Blender, with lots of post-work in Photoshop to get the rain, splashes and motion blur.
Time for another (very) short youtube-inspired test. This time I’m trying to emulate Kyary’s style from the Ponpon video.
An experiment with Cycles, trying to get that old CGI look.
Working on my sculpting skills. I’ve started to be a little more conscious about polycount now, since the dragon head below hit 1.7 million faces. I managed to keep the other two at about 200,000. Using the move brush a lot and keeping the detail level above 15 most of the time did the trick for me.
I’ve started to play with sculpting in Blender, it’s a lot of fun and really addictive. I don’t have the specs to go for multi-million polys (yet), but looks like you can get good results with a 500,000-700,000 polys too. Here’s my first attempt.