Did you include “Try a new Blender theme” in your New Years resolutions? You’re in luck! Here’s a new and improved version of my old Black Light theme. Now with 100% more orange.
(Honest disclaimer: I’ve been using this theme for a while so it’s not really new 🙂 )
- No longer makes the mesh fully black on edit mode
- Bigger vertex size in edit mode (much easier to select!)
- Buttons are flatter now
- Panel headers have more distinct backgrounds now to separate things better
- Darker background in 3D view
- Selections are now orange-yellow
- Much better colors in the dopesheet (the channel name is now readable)
- Empties are yellow colored to make them easier to spot
- More contrasting colors for nodes and frames
How to install
- Download the theme and extract the zip file
- Open Blender and go to "File", then choose "User Preferences" and then the "Themes" tab
- At the bottom of that window click “Install Theme” and select the "black_light_v2.xml" file
- If you like the theme click "Save User Settings"!