After way too much time, I’m happy to announce a new version of Render+
This version adds a few features and bugfixes, but most importantly it adds a toggle for animation renders. Sadly Blender doesn’t have a way of distinguishing between animation and image renders, and all the (smart?) workarounds I tried didn’t work. If the animation toggle is disabled post-render actions, notifications, autosaves and the poweroff options will be executed once for every frame (for instance, the computer would shutdown after the first frame). It’s annoying but just remember to turn it on before rendering animations!
You may also notice that the version numbering is changed to something that makes more sense, given that this addon is not even half a year old 🙂
Here’s the full changelog
- Adds autosave for still images
- Adds toggle for animation renders, so callbacks aren’t called every frame
- Adds Desktop Notifications (Linux and OSX Mavericks)
- Fixed bug where callbacks weren’t persistent
- Clearer UI
- (Linux) xterm now stays open after a BG render
- (Linux) Uses systemctl instead of deprecated Dbus calls
- Major code cleanup. All properties are now inside a collection so they don’t fill up the scene. Uses only two callbacks now. Also PEP8 compatible.
- Uses more realistic version numbering
No comments yet