Time for the usual weekly development news. This week I worked some more on the water erosion modifier. I started by fixing the randomness of the rain. Every iteration 100 drops fall at random places in the terrain. The problem was that I wasn’t keeping the seeds for the random values around so everytime a setting changed it
These last two weeks have been pretty busy, both in work/life and Mirage. On the mirage side, I ported the last modifier: fluvial erosion. I spent the first week writing the initial implementation and this week making it actually work. Many moons ago I wrote a pure Python implementation of the virtual pipes hydraulic erosion algorithm. It was crazy slow.
Thermal erosion is now fully ported! There isn’t a very noticeable difference this time around, I think it looks a bit better though (but maybe I’m biased!). I also changed the setting names to make them easier to understand: Repose Angle is now Threshold Iterations is now Time They are also shorter too, so they work nicely in
This week went better than expected in many ways. I ended up getting the modifier work done fairly quickly and managed to squeeze a small refactor, breaking a ~1300 lines file into 3 files. I still have somre more refactoring to do to make things more flexible. Hopefully I can get to that too in the following weeks. Porting went smoothly
In this series of posts I’m going to talk about the new hot stuff I’m working on for Mirage. This will be my first time doing a devlog, so bear with me 🙂 Our first stop is what I’ve doing for the past few months: the Rust port. Port to Rust Rust is a programming language focusing on safety, performance and
After several months of work, I’m launching the greatest version of Mirage today.
A few moons ago security researchers at Cisco made waves in the Blender community after disclosing a number of vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to run arbitrary code. All the of them were fixed by 2.79a but it’s still possible to make Blender run arbitrary code.
Keeping up with the previous decision to make smaller, more frequent releases here’s Mirage 3.1.
Here’s a new and improved version of my old Black Light theme. Now with 100% more orange.
Christmas comes early for Render+ users! This new version focuses on improvements for render jobs based on external files.
That’s right! The next version of Mirage if finally out in the wild. It’s been a little while since 2.1.
I’ve updated Bottles mockup pack for Bender 2.79 with all the cool new features.