Here’s a keymap I’ve been using for a while in Blender.
One of the most common complains about Blender is having to select things with the right mouse button instead of the left. There are apparently good reasons for this, but it always felt kind of akward. So I made a key configuration preset that has a more “standard” behavior.
This is what it does:
- Sets right-click to the add menu in 3D view
- Sets Ctrl + left-click to set the 3D cursor
- Lets you scrub in the timeline using left-click (but you can also use right-click)
- Sets right-click to add node in the node editor and in the logic editor
- Sets Ctrl + right-clickto the add menu in the VSE
To install in Blender, go to File > Preferences. Go to the “Input” tab and click on “Import key configuration”. Just navigate to where you downloaded the file. Don’t forget to set “Select with” to Left!